7/5/03 Globular Cluster M13
It was partly cloudy but I thought I could get a shot at an object high in the sky. M13 the Great Globular presented itself as a nice target and the clouds held off. I spent almost a whole day processing the data until I finally got the result I was after. I'm still relying on lots of trial and error in my processing technique. For this image I wanted very subtle color and I found that CCDSoft was not up to the task. I used Photoshop and Picture Window to do almost all the processing, keeping the channel images in 16 bit format for as long as possible before bumping down to 8 bits per channel. Lot's o' Stars and I'm very happy with the 3 dimensional nature of this image.